UVSheltron is pleased to announce certification of their Pure Air patented & proprietary air purifiers
Chief Executive Officer, UVSheltron
UVSheltron is pleased to announce certification of their Pure Air patented & proprietary air purifiers by the cruise line qualification society Registro Italiano Navale (RINA). The Pure Air devices are cleared for use on cruise ships around the world.
RINA’s certification process involves verification of the technology and design of UVSheltron’s Pure Air to meet established requirements and applicable rules for air sanitizing systems. As a result, RINA issued BIOSAFE designation for UVSheltron’s Pure Air devices.
BIOSAFE notation was created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. RINA strengthened its commitment towards biosafe shipping by creating processes to identify products and services for infection prevention and control. For systems and components like Pure Air, RINA evaluates and certifies novel technologies that play an important role to prevent the risk of infections. UVSheltron is poised to enhance the health and safety on board of cruise ships around the world. Look for our products on your next cruise.
About Pure Air—Protected by UVSheltron/Powered by Zentox
· Aerosol Disinfection: Pure Air 500 & Pure Air 200: Designed for occupied spaces, these devices are the patented & proprietary UV air purifiers called “Pure Air.” Pure Air devices protect healthy teammates from whatever bad biology their cohorts or customers bring to the workplace. They have been laboratory tested by the Public Health Agency of Canada and tested in a hospital environment by Wake Forest University in North Carolina. Pure Air 500 and Pure Air 200 can disinfect rooms as large as 4,000 sq ft and 1,200 sq ft respectively of airborne pathogens. Perfect for occupied rooms and common spaces to include patient rooms, waiting rooms, cafeterias, offices, and conference rooms. These devices are air purifiers—not air filters. They draw in the contaminated air and use the safest ultraviolet wavelength (UV-A) and a proprietary fibrous catalyst consisting of titanium dioxide and other novel elements to kill pathogens through Photocatalytic Oxidation (PCO). Translation: Airborne organic pathogens, micro-bacteria, and other airborne substances are oxidized on the catalytic source. Clean air is then propelled into the space. They can run 24/7 and all operations are internal to the devices to include the UV light and oxidation. There are no harmful emissions such as Ozone. Pure Air systems are listed by the California Air Resources Board for meeting EPA & state emissions safety standards for air purifiers.
• Public Health Agency of Canada stated: Pure Air “demonstrated a markedly higher rate of biological removal than any other units tested” and was “able to remove all organism types tested, including spores, mycobacterium, and viral species.”
• Wake Forest University Medical School stated in their Emergency Department tests that Pure Air Devices showed a highly significant reduction in bacterial count at the head of patients’ beds by nearly three times the School of Medicine’s pre-experiment expectations.
• Michigan Hospital Application: Over 350 Pure Air devices are slated for manufacture & delivery to various Michigan hospital networks in 2022.
• Portable and ceiling-mounted: Pure Air devices are available as portable units or ceiling-installed devices.Other UVSheltron Products:
Surface Disinfection: UVSheltron has several types of surface disinfection devices that utilize UV-C, and they kill hundreds of pathogens (viruses, bacteria, and mold) in mere minutes with 99.99% effectiveness—without chemicals.
Illuminant 6 & Illuminant 3 Towers for space disinfection: We make a 6-foot and a 3-foot tower called Illuminant-6 and Illuminant-3, and they can disinfect 4,500 - 9,000 sq ft spaces respectively in a few minutes. UVSheltron’s towers are a perfect augmentation of cleaning crews for enhanced disinfection. The towers fill the spaces with germicidal UV-C light and disinfect floor-to-ceiling, all vertical and horizontal surfaces that cleaning crews can and cannot reach.
Best of Breed/Practical Application: A 5-campus, skilled-nursing home facility in Michigan has found great success with Illuminant towers. They have six, 3-foot Illuminant towers. One assigned to each cleaning crew. As augmentation, the towers are used for 2 minutes per room (after crew wipe-down) for daily resident space cleaning. The nursing home reports a 2/3rds reduction in their facility-acquired-infection rate since they began using UVSheltron products in 2020. Several dozen Illuminant towers are slated for manufacture and delivery to Michigan hospitals in 2022.
Elide, Chamber, and Ark Cabinets for object disinfection: We make 3 cabinets or UV-C boxes. They range from Elide that is minifridge-size for desktop devices – to – Chamber that is locker-size cabinets for lab coats and first responder gear – to – the Ark that is big enough for hospital wheelchairs and carts.
• UVSheltron Ark--Custom designed and tailor made: The Ark is the size of a walk-in closet and is designed specifically for large healthcare facilities requiring wheelchair and pushcart disinfection. In just 2 minutes, the Ark utilizes 18 UV-C lamps for 360-degree disinfection killing 99.99% of viruses, bacteria, and mold. Ark irradiates all wheelchair surfaces including seats, backrests, armrests, grips, spokes, undercarriage, and hardware, front-and-back and top-to-bottom.
• Hospital Application: Our first Ark was delivered in 2021 to a large VA Medical Center. They have over 100 wheelchairs requiring disinfection after every patient use. Ark saves 6 minutes per chair for disinfection producing a breakeven point on labor savings in less than one year. 33 Arks are slated for manufacture and delivery to Michigan hospitals in 2022.
Irrupt-2 Handhelds for targeted disinfection: We have handheld devices called Irrupt-2, and it looks like a 2-foot shop-light. It permits targeted disinfection in hard-to-reach areas and is very popular with medical equipment, vehicle fleets, fitness centers, bars, restaurants, and industrial maintenance lines. Over 3 dozen Irrupts are slated for delivery to Michigan hospitals in 2022.
How UVC works: The devices work through Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI). UVGI uses the short-wavelength UV-C light to kill or inactivate microorganisms by destroying nucleic acids--disrupting the RNA/DNA and leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions. Our devices kill 99.99 % of hundreds of pathogens (e.g., viruses, bacteria and hard to kill mold & spores) without chemicals.
Safety: All UV-C devices are equipped with safety mechanisms such as infrared motion detectors (towers), interlocking doors and switches (cabinets), remote operation capability (towers), and tilt switches (handhelds).
- Video links:
- National ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HztEp7N0sZ4
- Ark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCmEVQmDPzM
- Robot prototype: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0rKAOE3LC0
As necessary, UVSheltron can provide access to our microbiology team lead (PhD), our leading design engineer-CTO, and/or the Pure Air inventor & patent holder.
Sources & Links:
- RINA: https://www.rina.org/en/
- RINA Biosafe: https://www.rina.org/en/biosafe-ship-notation
UV Sheltron: www.uvsheltron.com