UVSHELTRON ULTRAVIOLET DEVICES PROVIDING ENHANCED DISINFECTION TO SELFRIDGE AIR NATIONAL GUARD BASE IN MICHIGAN
Chief Executive Officer, UVSheltron
Rear Admiral (Ret), U.S. Navy
Addon Services providing enhanced disinfection and emergency COVID response using UVSheltron Disinfection Devices
Addon Services is a Warren, Michigan small business contracted to provide cleaning services in the buildings on Selfridge Air National Guard Base. Addon has augmented standard spray & wipe cleaning with UVSheltron’s Illuminant 6 Towers, Illuminant 3 Towers, and Irrupt handheld devices for enhanced disinfection with ultraviolet light (UV-C). The UV-C light can disinfect objects and spaces of over 99.99% of viruses, bacteria, and mold in minutes.
Illuminant 6: The Illuminant 6 is one of UVSheltron’s most powerful products standing six feet tall, weighing 67 lbs, and projecting sixteen UV-C lamps 360 degrees. The tower can disinfect entire rooms in just a few minutes and can be used in spaces as large as 9,000 square feet. Illuminant 6 also has motion sensor kill switches and remote control for added safety.
Illuminant 3: Illuminant 3 is a 3-foot tower that weighs 33 lbs and projects eight UV-C lamps 360 degrees. The tower can disinfect moderately sized rooms up to 4,000 square feet in just a few minutes and contains the same safety features as the Illuminant 6.
Irrupt 2: Irrupt 2 is a hand-held unit that is two feet long and looks much like a shop-light. It weighs only 3.5 lbs and can be used industrial sites and commercial facilities. The Irrupt unit can be used for hard-to-reach areas including vehicles, table-tops, or desks. This unit is equipped with an automatic tilt switch. If the unit is tilted more than 15 degrees, it will shut off. This safety measure is designed to prevent accidental exposure to the user or anyone in the area.
Emergency COVID response: Addon Services is also contracted for emergency COVID cleanup response. Whenever a COVID outbreak occurs on the base, Addon’s team will respond within four hours and immediately begin targeted disinfection utilizing UVSheltron’s disinfection products.
Full Line of UVSheltron Products: UVSheltron manufactures and sells an array of products and services to keep you and your customers safe.
- Pure Air 500 & Pure Air 200—“Protected by UVSheltron ~ Powered by Zentox:” These devices are the patented UV air purifiers called “Pure Air,” and they have been laboratory tested by the Public Health Agency of Canada. They come in two models and can disinfect rooms as large as 4,000 sq ft of airborne pathogens…. perfect for common spaces such as waiting rooms, cafeterias, and conference rooms. These devices draw in the contaminated air and use UV-A and a proprietary titanium dioxide catalyst to kill pathogens through Photocatalytic Oxidation…in other words, airborne organic pathogens, micro-bacteria, and other airborne substances are oxidized on the catalytic source. Clean air is then propelled into the space. They can run 24/7 and all operations are internal to the devices to include the UV light and oxidation. There are no harmful emissions such as Ozone or Hydrogen Peroxide. Pure Air purification systems are certified by the California Air Resources Board for meeting EPA ozone emissions safety standards for air purifiers.
- Surface Disinfection: UVSheltron has several types of surface disinfection devices:
- Two towers, a 6-foot “Illuminant-6” and 3-foot “Illuminant-3” they can disinfect medium and large spaces up to 9,000 sq ft.
- Elide, Chamber, and Ark Cabinets for object disinfection: We make three cabinets or UVC boxes—”Elide,” "Chamber,” and “Ark.” They range from minifridge size for desktop devices – to – locker size cabinets for lab coats and first responder gear – to – the previously discussed Ark that is big enough for wheelchairs and carts.
- Irrupt Handhelds for targeted disinfection: We have handheld devices called “Irrupt” and it looks like a 2-foot shop-light….it permits targeted disinfection and is very popular with vehicle fleets, fitness centers, bars, restaurants, and industrial maintenance lines.
How UVC works: The devices work through Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI). UVGI uses the short-wavelength UV-C light to kill or inactivate microorganisms by destroying nucleic acids--disrupting the RNA/DNA and leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions. Our devices kill 99.99 percent of hundreds of pathogens (including viruses, bacteria and hard to kill mold & spores) without toxic chemicals.
Sources & Links:
Addon Services: Link: http://addonservicesllc.com
UVSheltron: Link: uvsheltron.com